Show / Hide

Pages

Tuesday 7 September 2004

Outing in JB with the overseas Johorians...

Football and basketball in the morning...
Jem SMSed me yesterday morning to tell me bout today’s plans. Normally it’s me who asked them to go out and play basketball but this time it seems like Jem got bored first haha =P. Anyway I got to the basketball court at 7.30am, one hour earlier than agreed on coz my father had to work but he won’t let me drive his car alone >=(. So I reached Larkin first and unsurprisingly, it was rather deserted there...which was fine with me coz I dun want anyone laughing at my worse-than-mediocre skills in football and basketball ;). Thrown the basketball around and kicked the football around alone for 40 minutes then I decided to summon upon Yong Chen to come earlier. Then at 8.40am Jem came with Irwin, Keith and Yih Seong. 10 minutes later Ashok came.

And so we split into two teams to play football on the basketball court. Kinda feels like futsal only that there’s a boundary. Me, Jem, Yong Chen and Ashok (he joined us later when our team was down 0-2) vs Yih Seong, Keith and Irwin. Before Ashok came we got thrashed…but we got even with Ashok on our side =). Then we played 3-on-3 basketball...didn’t really keep track of the score. We were juz playing for fun anyway so wat does it matter hehe. Played till 10.30am, everyone went home (I went to Yong Chen’s condo coz my house is too far), bathed and changed clothes, ate chicken rice at Buddy’s Restaurant and off we go to Kingsurf (the best cc in Taman Pelangi...or maybe even JB).

And 5 hours of cybercafe in the evening...
Me, Chua, Yong Chen, Leong and Keith went to cc first while the others had their lunch. Then Ashok, Irwin, and Jem joined us. First we played a few rounds of Counter-strike...with Chua killing all of us all the time. Well, all those time playing online sure pays off hehe. A few dozens of minutes later, Yih Seong and Pat joined us too (we had to shift to the other Kingsurf coz the first one was full already). Before we even get to our coms they were already ready for Warcraft. So we played Warcraft even though Keith, Irwin and Chua didn’t know how to play.

First game was me,Yih Seong, Pat, Leong and Keith on one side and Jem, Yong Chen, Ashok, Chua and Irwin on the other. A few minutes into the game, Irwin’s com hanged so Jem controlled his base. After a very very long time, they decided to attack my second base. Four of us (except Keith...he’s still learning how to play) defended against them then they decided to retreat. So we launch our counter-attack on Yong Chen’s base, with Keith joining in. It’s 5 armies on 4 armies so obviously we whacked their armies. As it was an unfair battle, Pat called for all of us to retreat. Well, we did retreat (Pat even teleported back haha) but Keith didn’t get the order so I think he destroyed everything of Yong Chen’s base (ok…so we destroyed most of it but I remember there’s still a Tree of Life left when me, Pat, Yih Seong and Leong retreated...). As there’s nothing left for Yong Chen, he quitted the game.

After the battle, it’s mostly Yih Seong, Leong and Pat against Jem, Ashok and Chua (I decided not to join in the attacks as it will tilt the scale too much =P and Keith was still figuring out why he can’t train more knights…hint:upkeep). A few battles took place but nobody seems to be winning. Then after like 40 minutes I decided to juz join in and end the game (it’s 5 on 3…the results are too obvious). But when we attacked their bases, they attacked OUR bases and left Yih Seong, Pat and Leong’s bases sparkling clean…juz as we left theirs =P.

After we destroyed all their bases, we still haven’t won the game. Obviously, Jem’s trying to buy some time (hint:hidden bases) while they destroy our remaining bases. So Yih Seong, Pat and Leong went after their armies and got whacked by their aerial units. Then they attacked Keith’s base and Keith went back to defend and got whacked too...leaving my base the last one. In the meantime I was trying to find their last buildings but only managed to find a few small bases but there’s more of them it seems. As they are trying to attack my base (I think only Jem’s army was left), I teleported back to face them head-on. Well, an intact army vs a damaged army...the end will be too clear. Jem tried to cast Tranquility on his army so I decided to juz lunged at his army…which I won and the ending was juz us searching for their last buildings.

Then me, Ashok and Jem played a heroes map, Yih Seong and Pat tried to fight an Insane com, and the others played Counter-strike. Towards the end, all of us (except Pat and Yih Seong who went home early) played Counter-strike. Everyone’s skills haven’t deteriorate a bit I see...Leong, Yong Chen and Ashok are still as good as ever. After the CS game at around 5.30pm, while the rest were deciding which movie to watch, I went home coz my father was waiting outside Yong Chen’s condo already. There’s no nice movie to watch anyway…

Just a little note on the overseas guys...
Irwin and Chua came back to JB from Singapore while Keith came home from England as they got holidays now. It’s been quite some time since I last saw them (I think that was during the last BNO) but they haven’t change a bit hehe. Maybe we didn’t really separate that long for us to notice any difference in each other. Neway it’s great though to hang around with them again...we won’t have so much time for each other anymore after college. All of us will go to different university (most probably) and it’ll be extremely hard to host another outing. I just hope the BNOs we had every year will take place for a few more years at least...

-3.49am, 10 September 2004-

No comments: