Show / Hide

Pages

Saturday 11 September 2004

New familiar JB

Continued from yesterday...
After our late night mamak outing yesterday, everyone decided to go home as Keith and Boon Hou wanted to go back edi. I bunked in at Yong Chen’s place (juz like wat I did everytime our plans lasted till very late at night) coz I couldn’t get thru to my dad and it’s past 12am edi. Felt very tired actually but we ended up online till 4am in the morning. Sigh…I juz couldn’t sleep early, can I? Haha =P

Woke up a little while before 12pm today then had lunch with Yong Chen’s family. My family came to pick me up at round 1.30pm. At this time I really really want to head back home and juz plunk myself on the bed. Too bad, my father had other plans in mind. He said we haven’t check out Danga Bay yet so he decided to bring all of us there. Danga Bay is this area near my secondary school which is currently being developed. It’s somewhere near Pantai Lido, the shore facing Singapore (or Pantai Lido’s in it, not very sure bout that).

Anyway, we walked around Danga Bay, bought something to eat, walked around some more, then head back home. Danga Bay had been in construction since a few years ago, and with part of the plans completed, there’s actually something to do in JB haha ;) (there’s even water-skiing now!) Actually, I’m rather impressed how big-scaled this development plan is. I think the area involved is even bigger than JB city itself, no kidding! They’re gonna build lots of housing area, recreational area and commercial area around Danga Bay. Once it’s completed, I bet I won’t even recognize JB anymore...

Come to think of it, JB changed quite a lot since I last came back. A lot of minor improvements here and there (like new lamp posts, wider roads and stuff) and then there’s Danga Bay. Overall, JB did look a lot nicer...but the familiar features are still there, juz as I liked it to stay the way it is. Traffic’s been worse though, it’s getting harder to see an empty road nowadays. I’m afraid before long, JB will be juz like KL, with all the traffic congestion and things like that =(.

Reached back home at 4pm, nap a little while, ate dinner, and it’s back to the online world. Sigh...I should find something better to do soon...

-5.00am,16 September 2004-
I'm sleeping later n later...

No comments: