Show / Hide

Pages

Friday 11 June 2004

On my way home...

Took bus home alone today coz everyone got his own plan. Jem and Pat went to watch St. John competition, Yih Seong going back with his parents, Yong Chen gonna stay in Subang till Wednesday, Leong going back on Saturday and Ashok on Sunday. Oh well...not that it matters anyway. While waiting for the train at the KTM station in Subang I met a chinese couple(chinese as in from China). Asked me a few questions about where are we and can they get to KL Central by train. I had a bit of difficulty understanding halfway through the conversation while on the train coz my Mandarin isn’t superb I admit. Gotta brush up on my mandarin... They got down the train at KL Central...hope they didn't get lost there...

While waiting to get in the bus someone tapped me on the shoulder. Turned out to be the guy sitting next to me while waiting to get on the train at Subang’s KTM station. Asked me is this the bus going back to JB and said he saw me at the KTM station. Chatted briefly and I got to know he’s from Taylor’s Business School and was on holiday too. Later on the bus I sat far from him so didn’t get to know him better. I stayed in the bus when the bus stopped in Machap. Saw him alone outside the bus eating something but I didn’t go talk to him. Hate it when I’m so unfriendly and shy...

Today’s meetings with these people struck me...Very often we’ll meet someone only once and then not see or hear about each other after that. Whether a friendship can go on from that one meeting depends on whether you are willing to have that friendship or not. If only we have friends all everywhere, then life will be much more fun ain’t it? I made resolutions every year to be more friendly with everyone I meet especially strangers and make more friends...Sadly, I only got the will to have friendships but not the courage *sigh*. Maybe it’s because I’m afraid the other person might not be interested in being friends...maybe it’s because I find it hard to have someone like to have you as a friend...I dunno. Maybe I should juz didn’t try hard enough to get to know others. Yeah...I should try harder to make friends next time...

No comments: