Show / Hide

Pages

Wednesday 21 June 2006

is it just me?

And so i woke up. Again.

I know this isn't the first time since i came into IMU. Though i don't remember experiencing this before coming here.

It's 4.30am, barely 3 hours since i slept. And i woke up with palpitations. Lol. Which means sudden awareness of my heart beat la. And when i tried to sleep, i just can't. Because my heart is beating too hard or too fast, i'm not sure. At least, it seems to beat too hard or too fast to me. Hmm.. juz took my pulse rate. 74 bpm. Normal.

I can't recall the last time this happened.. i think it's few months ago already. Wonder if i should be concerned bout this =/. I mean, healthy people don't wake up in the middle of the night because they're aware of their heartbeats.. am i having some unnoticed heart disease?

Lol. It doesn't really help when we're studying CVS right now. All those lectures and PBLs on congenital heart defects, those rheumatic heart disease, hypertension, arrhythmias... damn. At this rate i'm gonna become a hyperchondriac.

Then again, me being me, i'll probably forget bout this and fall asleep soon after i posted this entry. Life is too short, indeed, to be spent worrying. I just hope mine isn't too short to be spent living.

No comments: