Show / Hide

Pages

Monday 3 April 2006

The Good, the Bad and the Ugly

I'm typing this post out of the need to keep my blog alive instead of the need to blog.

Do you think so?

Then you don't know me at all =P.

Sometimes i wonder.. why do i even bother to blog? If i can't reveal my true feelings, if i need to take into consideration every single person that might stumble upon this blog, if i can't even bitch about someone without suffering from the consequences of free speech, why do i even bother eh? There are things i want to write down here so much, but i will inevitably offend somebody, even if that's not my intention. So most of my posts here are typed while being 'on the safe side'. I even have to read thru the whole post a few times before clicking on the 'Publish Post' button. Makes a blog so unlike the online diary that i first thought it was. Makes the internet a so much less private space than it already is. Sigh.

Anyway, so many things happened since the last post, good things, bad things, ugly things. I'll start with the good then hehe. Last Tuesday and Wednesday was the Recruitment Drive, and this time i only signed up for 4 new clubs (this is an achievement already! =P). I know some people do wonder what's my intention joining so many clubs, whether i'm able to be an active member in all those clubs i joined. Well, i try. I don't join a club because my friends joined it. I don't join a club because i can get a post in it. I join clubs because i sincerely felt compelled to join, out of interests. Just interests.

That said .. my number of clubs and societies is still 10 though. Helen Keller's, Dance Club, Choir, Movie and Music, Basketball, Volleyball, Photography Club, Buddhist Society, Chinese Cultural Society and Wushu. Tennis is too expensive a sport for me to start learning >.< . Chess Club.. i didn't really want to join it in the first place =P. Heard the Adventure Club is gonna be revived by the Sem 1s.. i'll have to see if i have the time to join any activity tho.. =/

I find myself much more busy this sem than the last, and i think i should stop adding more to my activity list .. if i want to pass my exams. Latin dance classes, sign language classes, Wushu training, dragon dance training, Helen Keller's WAVE week, going to join the Charity Run, weekly badminton games ^^ .. sigh. I seriously need to study.

Hmm.. on Friday nite i had the longest mamak outing with my friends =P. Came back from Wushu at 11pm, then Chui Han asked me for supper with the rest at 11.30pm. So we went mamak until.. 2am? O.o Hehe .. lots of rumors and gossips. Thank god i'm not implicated in it lol. Only went home at 3am, because a few of us decided to stand outside Vista B to donate blood to the mosquitoes -.-" (oh btw.. i got rejected during blood donation last week because i was sick 2 weeks ago.. =( )

The last piece of good news.. my cousin Mei Fong got married yesterday! Hehe.. i had to go alone tho.. Dad decided that coming up here all the way and back gonna cost up to 200 bucks so my family didn't come. Sigh. Oh well.. at least i still get to enjoy the 9-course dinner =P. Wanted to drink the white and red wine.. but i have CSU this morning.. was afraid i couldn't wake up in time. Doesn't matter actually.. i still didn't wake up in time without drinking >.<

The bad things? Hmm.. i haven't study a single lecture note from last week. Lol. Got myself so busy with PBL, Elective Report, Wushu, badminton, Recruitment drive, sleeping, everything other than studying that i totally wasted one whole week. Gotta step up the pace from today onwards.. and btw not as many people as i expected join Wushu tho. Even less for dragon dance >.< . I so wanted to see IMU having its own dragon dance troupe..

The ugly things.. hmm i can't talk bout it here. As i said earlier, the internet is not a private place at all. I can't say what i want without risking myself to unnecessary risks =P. So.. i'll just keep this part in my private diary. Nobody gets offended, everyone's happy. Then why do i even bother keeping a blog? Sigh.

To amuse others with my desperate attempt to be a medical student with a life i guess. Lol >.<

ps - dad bought the Canon A620 last week.. with a 1GB memory card =). In Eric's words (word to be exact), WOOTS! Lol =P

No comments: